Monday, October 12, 2009

Gerber ain't got nothing on us

For the past 6 months, my mom (Grammie) has made all of Ben's food. She offered to do it, obviously I didn't object. It never really even crossed my mind to make his food, but now I can't imagine him having anything other. As most of ya'll who know me, know that I am not a crazy mom who only eats organic and all that jazz, I just know no other than home made food for Ben and I'm not hating on store bought food :)
Anyways I was running low on food, so I had to get my rear in the kitchen and start cooking (my parents were in College Station for the week, so Ben's chef was out). My mom prepped me on the "how too" last week, so after my voyage to Wal-Mart (whole 'nother store there), I went full steam ahead. In the end, Ben now has a full menu of butternut squash, yellow squash, peaches, applesauce and pears'n'bananas. I have left to make pumpkin, avacado and green beans. The Magic Bullet was my secret weapon yesterday, we got it for our wedding and after 3 years I finally opened it! It was so handy to puree everything up. I can't believe I have lived without, can't wait to make some smoothies in that bad boy. We'll see if I do the same for the next Forrest baby.... hopefully Grammie will keep up the chef duties! A great book is by Jessica Seinfeld "Deceptively Delicious" - she has a "how too" on making puree foods and also recipes that includes the puree foods to hide the veggies from the kids. I cooked up all this food because Ben started hating on anything other than cheerios and his pureed food. He would seriously act like he was gagging on foods, even stuck his tongue out and blubbering at my mom. The past 2 nights, he has eaten what we ate for dinner, of course!!! Oh well, he'll have some fresh fruit and veggies on the side.
Ben was a complete angel on Saturday... yesterday not so much. He is STILL working on his lower left molar, which makes for a cranky bebe. Below are pictures from the weekend that we spent indoors. We got out an old pillow top for our bed, which has turned into Ben's lounging pad while watching his cartoons :)












No comments:

Post a Comment