Saturday, January 30, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
- Ben continues to be right on track. He is getting pretty buff and the doc was quite impressed with his physique - he seriously looks like he is working out, he has these defined "pecks" and little muscle arms.
- Ben is not the one to sit still EVER (unless he is watching Word World). He is such the explorer and to be honest, wears you out. Shopping with him is near impossible. He won't, for the life of me, sit in the shopping car, I even bribe him with graham crackers which are a gift from heaven to him.
- We have seen a few more tantrums... many more to come... I usually just laugh because he is hilarious, throwing his arms up and down and screaming. I have discovered if I sing the ABC's or say "ready...1111...222...3333" it distracts him and he quits freaking out (this is usually the trick for getting him in the car seat)
- Ben has this new found love for his books. One in particular we have to read over and over, not so fun for mom and dad, but we love that he is finally into all these books he has gotten.
- No distinct words from Ben yet, but he definitely understands what I ask him and he brings me what I ask him too.
- Ben is in a new full time daycare, Grammie gets a break and can be a Grammie now instead of a nanny. Ben LOVES his new daycare and it makes life so much easier on us. Happy safe baby = less stressed happy parents
- Climbing (on furniture) and hiding (hide and seek) is quite frequent in household, Ben will stand up right against a wall and act like we can't see him... so we pretend and ask "where's is Ben".
Ben is SO much fun right now and John says I kiss him and tell him I love him too much, but I just can't help myself!! He is my baby and always will be... until he towers over me :)
John started a new position at work and will be busy at Chesapeake properties, maintaining the grounds. He only has to work 1 Saturday per month, so he is super pumped about that. I will continue to work my alternative work schedule this year and excited to think that on my Fridays off, Ben can go to daycare in the mornings (or longer) and I can get my errands run baby free :) This past year has been quite the ride.... a big time roller coaster in fact. I think the roller coaster has stopped for awhile and we are ready to ride some slow rides!! We are so lucky to have all that we have in our lives and can't wait to see what this year brings!
Ben and his swiffer.... LOVES to push it around
Ben on Xmas morning with his new monkey from Grammie
Checking out his new barnyard, monkey style!