Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kitchen Updates


FINALLY! John and I are done in our kitchen... after ALOT of painting, thank you mother, and updating most of the appliances, new countertops, sink, and backsplash our kitchen is just how we like it. Before it was a dark orange mess, I saw potential in this little kitchen of ours though! When John and I walked into this house when looking 2 years ago, I knew exactly from the start what I wanted to do... with a few gallons of paint and alot of sanding, me and mom got it fresh and bright. Within a few months after moving in, most of this updating was complete. However, getting our countertops and backsplash complete was another story. We just couldn't ever find the time or energy to get out there and look for products once Ben arrived.

Yes there are shingles in my kitchen, do not ask me what these people were thinking in 1961 - must have been REAL cool to have shingles in the kitchen?!?

I love my itty bitty kitchen... for the moment that is :)
Here is the eating area in our kitchen... the people before us weren't that much older than us, but man they did NOT have the same good taste that John and I have :)

1 comment: