Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cursed

Remember that movie Teen Witch?... well I think Louise is using her voodoo doll to "reck" havoc on our lives. I mean seriously, who put a curse on us? I don't want anyone to think I'm asking for sympathy but you know, sometimes life isn't so peachy all the time and I hate the "I'm so perfect blogs", so I'm laying it out of what is going on in the Forrest household - bad or good :)
I think our home on 62nd is pissed at us for leaving him because once we put the for sale sign in our yard, it all went downhill from there (with the exception of getting our new house just in the nick of time). Among other things discussed in previous blogs....The icing on the cake occurred last Friday, when a chunk of wood came flying at my face on I-35 and smashed into my windshield... thankfully John was with me or else, I would have pulled over and made him come get me.  It scared me to death. The windshield didn't break through, just crackled all over. And then the cherry on top came on Saturday when John stepped through the attic floor.  Not a totally horrible curse cause it was only in the garage but still there is now a huge hole in our garage ceiling.When the cursed was lifted.....

   1. John and I went to the movies - 11:45am show time... just the way I like it.  Empty. I'm not a fan of movies, I need to able to get up and walk around if I want. But we saw Cedar Rapids - hilarious! (and short)
   2. My best friends and I got to enjoy a night out.  A night out to dinner and good ole beer, to share our stories, to realize everyone else goes through the same stuff and to laugh our asses off at Kelly and her "here I go throwing myself under the bus again" stories. Aaaww I love my friends, they make me laugh and make me forget about everything going on.
  3. I failed at taking pictures this weekend.... Ben wasn't in the mood for me. But he was in the mood for Milam to get some pictures which I'm dying to see.  Milam was so gracious to take pictures of all our babies.  She found this original awesome John Deere tractor in this abandoned lot that we trespassed on and then discovered a barn was there too.  Don't worry we didn't stay long, this place was actually super creepy but made for a great photo op! Can't wait to see what her talent produced!!!
   4.We discovered what a sweet heart Ben is, I mean I've always known my boy is a sweetie (when he has time to sit and relax) but never really saw him in action around other kids. His friend Reese was quite shy upon 1st meeting on Sunday, so Ben tried everything to make her better.... patting her back, giving her toys, "it's okay Reesey"... it was priceless.  He absolutely loves people. I know I've said it before, but no one is a stranger to Ben.  My favorite Ben slogan this weekend "uuumm no way mommy".  Or how he told me "bbbyyee  mommy" and waved me out of his playroom so he could do his #2 business in the closet :)
Homemade garage ventilation
We caught him twice tonight swiping the cookies off the counter. Guess the new recipe was a success 
Attempting to cook with mommy... but it was more lets try to throw in whatever in the mixer
More beater action.

No comments:

Post a Comment