Sunday, October 10, 2010

Regatta Festival

Friday night we headed down to the Oklahoma River to the Regatta Festival where John and his co-workers competed in the Corporate Rowing Challenge.  3 months of practicing at 6am, John and his team put their muscles to work, only to be screwed by being placed into an advanced category (bc one of their rowers had competed for 2 straight years) and came in last :( Besides that fact, we all had a great time.  I was hesistant to take Ben by myself since he loves to run, so my mom joined us. And yes, I never thought I would EVER do this, but I put a "leash" on him.  I had no choice. I had visions of him running off and getting snatched or running straight into the river. In the end, Ben was great and we really didn't even have to use the monkey tail, he held our hands.  He was by far the cutest kid in the crowds :)  Thanks to Devon and Chesapeake for creating the regatta park, it is actually really nice and something fun and new to see in OKC.
Never easy to get a family pic!

Ben and his "nonnie" - out of the blue he started calling Grammie, Nonnie?!


View from bridge at the finish line

Uuuumm what should we do now Nonnie?
 
Checking out the action from peep hole on the bridge

"Hi Daddy!" (guy in the middle waving at us)

Mommy works at D-E-V-O-N... he loves to spell Devon and forever would say "Dozen" but finally caught on and now says Devon. 

Oh my gosh, it's a Ram! Ben loves humans in animal costumes ( remember my Easter bunny post...)

High five dude!


Having so much fun playing with the big kids


No comments:

Post a Comment