Sunday, July 1, 2012

we bought a zoo

These animals are obviously confused - our last name is Forrest but that doesn't mean they can take up residence in our backyard!! Last year we had a armadillo roaming thru the yard, this year so far we've had possums (who are idiots and just stared at me when I tried to shoo him out), trantula and a family of foxes. Yes foxes. And yes it's more like an extended family - I've seen 2 moms. And I'm obsessed. Couldn't have picked a better time to go on maternity leave :) I find myself losing track of time watching these creatures. So it all started the 1st week of May, I saw the momma out our bedroom back doors. For the next 2 weeks, we watched the sweet lil pups. Then they left :( I lost my entertainment. But wait, they returned this week!! Much bigger and so active. They play off and on throughout the day, it is truly fascninating to watch. Ben is usually our fox spotter while he is playing the Wii in the living room - their "den" under our deck is viewable out our living room windows. We don't mind them, they eat the mice, which I saw a pup eating, it was so graphic and really not necessary for me to watch but I couldn't turn away. However, they better start pooping elsewhere! And no we don't live in the country. So watch out, your backyard could be overtaken next!

 
First time sitting of momma back in May

Hello cute pups! There are actually 5 of them


The momma on the look out

No comments:

Post a Comment