Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shoosh and Trucks

At 2 1/2 Ben loves to shoosh us.  Puts the finger up to his mouth and "shoosh, BE QUIET".  It isn't nice and usually ends in screaming if we don't quit talking.  This lovely new thing has been coming and going the past 2 weeks. I have to hide when I talk on the phone and John and I have been limited to conversations once he passes out.  Which this week, bed time was anywhere from 11pm-1am. What the heck?! I thought to myself what have we been doing different? BANANA.  He has been eating a banana right before bed. Sugar fruit. No more bananas before 6pm.  Unreal how much it affected him.  31 lbs of full blown energy is not my wish after my 10pm bedtime.  I get completely wore out from him going 90 to nothing after work, straight up to bedtime but don't think I'd want it any other way.  He is too dang entertaining with his dance moves, lawn mowing skills and sprints thru the house.  What else has Ben been saying....
~ "Good night Andee, Good night John...lauve you"
~ When meeting new people - "This is Andee and John" pointing at us
~ "Mommy it's a big turd!" And he spells turd while pottying. My mistake.
~ When asked are you done? "not quite mommy, not quite"
~ Ben knows cars. He associates people with what kind of car you drive. This has been going on for awhile but I am still amazed at his knowledge of the car world.
~ Ben and I watched the big storm that rolled thru Thursday night out our back doors.  He wanted to go outside and I had to tell him lightening is dangerous. So when a big flash of lightening occurred - "Oooooo big one mommy....dangerous." He loved sitting in the dark watching mother nature with me, I was hoping this would prevent future nights of being terrified by storms.  This way, I can just reassure him it's the big flashlight turning on in the sky :)  And the big boom ... well that was Thunder? His face lite up and he sang "uuhhh-uuhh-uuuhh THUNDER" Works for me, loves to watch the Thunder and now will associate the loud noise with basketball team!

Gotta throw in our activity last week - Touch A Truck.  This event was held at the UCO parking lot and we were touch a truck virgins.  Note to self - don't go if you have a headache - this event entails a parking lot full of trucks, buses, cranes... all with children sounding the sirens, horns, etc. Ben was in complete awe.  It's the best thing to see his eyes light up and his face illuminates pure joy.  I would have to say his favorite was the basic, no frills big yellow school bus.  He also enjoyed the UPS truck :)

Ben and papa




CHEESE!

In the patrol car with his sucker, not a cig!


High fivin Mr. Robot

No comments:

Post a Comment