Sunday, January 9, 2011

Potty pooper

The potty training thing has been on Ben's terms, we aren't going to push it, but if he tells us he needs to pee, well then of course we don't object.  Today it wasn't pee, it was #2!!! We are so proud of our little potty pooper.  I was cracking up, here he sat on the toilet, grunting and pushing it out with this look of determination.  Of course we cheered and high fived and he was very proud of himself as he said "bye bye poo-poo" once we flushed. What else is up with Bean-o.....
  • Picky as ever with food.  His favs are olives (go figure), chicken, goldfish, scrambled eggs, any kind of fruit, peanut butter, bacon, pancakes/waffles, fries.... no veggies, it is my mission to find a veggie he'll eat, I've been pretty unsuccessful.
  • Really into watching football games, basketball games and golf
  • Pretty much obsessed with building blocks. We have to build a tower every night after dinner, crash it down and build some more.
  • Extremely loveable! Kisses and hugs for everyone. 
  • Talking machine!!
  • Ball of energy - loves to spin, run, jump and turn upside down - he wears us out
  • My fav word of his right now is "ice-e-coon".. Ice cream cone. He sees the word Braums and knows they have the good stuff
  • Terrible 2's are creeping back in and I would prefer it to not :) I mean come on, the throwing of toys or screaming at us when he is told no, we can do without those!
  • Even with his attitude, he is hilarious.  We love to hear him ramble off and try to decipher his sentences. He is trying so hard to get out these long sentences, yet the last word is the only one we can figure out. He is so smart and has so much going on in that little head of his.
  • He is such a helper.... he'll throw away stuff for me, clean up his messes, get me things when I'm too lazy to get myself that are across the room. No he isn't my slave, but it keeps him busy when I get him doing "chores" :) 
  • Monkey see, Monkey do - Ben mimicks big time.  For instance, my parents came with us to see a house. My dad is checking out the A/C unit, gives it a slight nudge with his shoe, so Ben walks up and kicks. Another total monkey do moment... we were sitting in the living room, John passes some gas, Ben looks over at us holding his breathe and lets out these loud farts!! Like he can fart on command, I love it. Keeps us laughing!
What Ben likes to do when I tell him "GO to your room"... take that Momma, I'll turn upside down!

moving boxes  = new hiding spot

Potty time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment