Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ellison Kate and Parties!

To start off this fantastic weekend, Sarah and Bryan Bloom welcomed their sweet baby girl into the world on Friday night - Ellison Kate! She is just perfect at 6lbs 9oz. While holding her I couldn't believe that Ben was even a pound lighter than her. You completely forget how tiny newborns are. Ben has yet to meet her, so on Thursday he will grace her with his ornery self :) Speaking of ornery (see pic below of my Karate Ninja boy), Ben was so ornery and bouncing off the walls all weekend (with a total of 3 hours of napping for both Sat and Sun!). We went to a friend of mine's daughter's 1st birthday party (Happy Birthday to Lucy!) and he made sure his presence was known. Sorry Lucy for Ben running through your party like a wild man and screaming. He is not shy one bit and acts like he owns wherever he goes... oh brother, we got a complete boy on our hands. I didn't get any pictures because John and I were "Ben chasing" the entire time.
From Lucy's party we hopped over to our last party, all my co-workers got together for a cook-out and Rock Band playing....us wild and crazy accountants :) Ben once again ruled the roost.... he was calm and relaxing when his 4 yr old girlfriend was chauferring him around in her Barbie jeep. He absolutely loved it. If he could only reach the pedals, John would have already bought him his own Hummer. He was very polite and respectful of her jeep, closing and opening the door very gently and enjoying the ride around the driveway. That was the only time that day when he wasn't going-going-going. People under estimate me when I say Ben is on the go 24/7... my co-workers now know what I'm always talking about :) He is such a good boy though, yes a little wired and a "firecracker", but he keeps us on our toes and cracking us up all the time. He is our entertainment at home and I love my stinker so much!
And lastly we spent the morning and afternoon at my parents. Ben got to eat, or shall I say try, fresh strawberries from the garden, "ride" on a bike and go swimming in the non-hot hot tub. Once again a non-stop on the go weekend for the Forrest Fam!

"Chhheeesseee"

Giving Pa-Pa a five in the hot tub


Crusing with his "cougar"

Ellison Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment