Saturday, May 5, 2012

Natalee is here!

Introducing the sweetest lil sweet pea on the planet...
Natalee Laine Forrest!
6lbs 5oz
20 inches long
4/24/12
Born on the dot at 2am

Here is Natalee's labor story.... pardon the lengthy novel....After an intense labor with Ben (not getting epidural until I was dilated to a 7 and thoughts of me dying coming to my head), I was all for getting induced with Natalee.  After checking in Monday night at 8pm, the pitocin was started around 9. I was dilated to a 1 at that point, almost a 2.  A hour later, along with intense contractions coming every 1-2 minutes, I was dilated to a 4 - CHA-CHING!  the magic number to get that epidural.  So by 10:15, I was on my way to numbness and back to relaxing.  The nurse had told me that I would start feeling pressure, feeling some what like I needed to go to the bathroom.  That started around 11:45.  Didn't hurt at all, just pressure that wasn't a familiar feeling. Nurses came in to check and I was a 5 and my water had broken.... by one of the nurses :)  Then of course flashbacks from Ben's delivery, Natalee's heart rate was dropping.  Out came the oxygen mask and me turning from side to side. 
yes I know, so attractive... but hey it's labor, it ain't pretty.
 Pretty sure I was texting or facebooking.

Natalee got content again but the mask remained on me.  So nurses left and suggested I take a nap because she wasn't coming until 6am or so..... nap, HA! That pressure continued to get worse, coming every 2-3 minutes, like contractions would be.  I was starting to get pretty nervous, the unknown results of this pressure had me freaked me out! All I envisioned was Natalee coming out and me not knowing... ridiculous huh?!  A hour later at 1am, nurse comes back in and I tell her it's pretty intense with the pressure. She checks me and says oh yeah  you are complete, 100% ready to go. I yelled "shut up, are you serious" -  I was shocked how quickly it went and relatively easy that was.  After getting prepped and getting hanging out in the stirrups for 30 minutes (so lovely labor and delivery is) - Dr. Goff arrived.  Let the pushing begin.... pushed for 10-15 minutes and Dr. Goff moved out of the chair and in came Dr. Forrest.  That's right, John delivered Natalee!! Dr. Goff asked if I wanted to touch Natalee's head and I instantly yelled NO WAY. totally grosses me out but my husband freaking pulled Natalee out! It was such a crazy feeling when she popped out, I said "wow what the... freak", I guess I felt cursing wasn't appropriate in such a intimate setting?! So out came Natalee into the world, screaming her lungs off.  One of the super sweet nurses grabbed our camera and started taking pictures for us when Dr. John took over.  As I'm delivering our child, I'm only thinking, OMG she better not be getting pictures of my who-ha in these pictures!!! Thankfully she did not and got some really good shots. When Natalee was placed on me, I thought there is no way this baby girl weighs 5 lbs, but she surpassed that and made it to the 6lb mark! yay!! She had more "meat" on her then big brother did.  As the doc was finishing up on me, I got to watch John in complete awe as they checked and weighed Natalee.  I think we were both on cloud 9 that our baby girl was here - safe and sound. It was like the weight of the world was lifted.  The constant worrying, the what if's played over and over in my mind were erased and Natalee was here, more perfect than I could ever imagine.  So there we were... just John, Natalee and I in the middle of the night.  The only people aware she made her arrival was Gesell (bc she is 2 hours back in CA) and my dad, because he loves his phone and loves his text messaging.  Complete opposite to Ben's delivery, where everyone was outside the room, but it being just us with Natalee was very nice and non-stressed. 




Fast-forward to a few hours later, Grandma and Grandpa Forrest came to see her.... followed by Noni, Papa, my cousin Kristi and her little boy and most important of all - big brother Beano! As suggested by our pediatrician, we had Natalee in the nursery when he came.  We waited for Ben to ask about Natalee... and waited, and waited.  In true Ben fashion, he was too busy to even remember why he was the hospital. I finally asked if he wanted to give Natalee the onesie he brought for her, he said "yeah sure where is she?" According to the nurse, it was the cutest thing when he saw Natalee, he was so excited and said "it's my sister".  That excitment hasn't faded yet.  He isn't all about her, but when he is, he is so sweet to her.  He has been acting out against us... frankly being a complete turd during these moments.... throwing his toys, yelling at us or ignoring us all together... whatever, we understand, someone is taking over your turf, it shall soon pass :)

We were both so excited to see each other!

This is what Natalee has been sleeping in




how to avoid talking about my sister, sure give me a wipey,
this window needs some washing.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats, she is beautiful. Tried finding you on Facebook to check in with you and I couldn't find you or John? Enjoy motherhood to two beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete